Friday, August 6, 2010

There is Color Everywhere


I have gladly finished making all six of these cakes! Each cake has fondant rose buds along the bottom and three full bloomed roses on top. Mmm, look at all that icing! I have to admit that I got lots of practice making those rose buds! It took me hours to "build" and decorate these little guys! Each cake is about an inch in diameter. Blue, orange, purple, pink, blue, yellow, and green! There is color everywhere!


I enjoy all kinds of colors, but there is something so light and cheerful about pastel shades. All the time I look at certain objects and think: How neat would that look in 'this or that' color? I felt that way about these cakes! They look so cute in any color!


The cakes AND their slices! Whew!



Some very tiny cold porcelain roses.



Some of my very first French macaroons! Although these are so much fun to make, they require a lot of time, patience, and attention to detail! The shells were a bit too high.. live and learn!

5 comments:

  1. Preciosas!!
    Unos colores expectaculares!!!
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I know your secret to making perfect slices, but I shall not give your secret to the world. (I am good at such things as sculpting, but not as good as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do? Are you a an expert one making minis as is Bridget? I please replay if possible.
      Jane Martin.

      Delete
    2. I am ok. I am not as awesome as Bridget here! :)

      Delete